OT - Warranty from TRAK Auto Parts?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: OT - Warranty from TRAK Auto Parts?
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <trstevens@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 20:04:41 -0400
In December 2001 I bought an 85-month warranty battery for my TR6 (that's
the on-topic part) from TRAK Auto, a now-defunct chain of auto parts stores
based in Maryland.  The warranty stipulates an even exchange for up to 3
years.  It's now completely dead, won't hold a charge.

Here's the challenge:  It seems TRAK Auto is as dead as the battery.  An
Advance Auto store moved in where the TRAK was, but the manager says even
though Advance bought out all 55 TRAK stores in the Midatlantic states,
they can't/won't honor TRAK warranties.

It appears to be a house brand battery (i.e., not easily identified as
being made by Exide, Interstate, etc.).  A small sticker says "Mfg by DBMC,
Winston-Salem NC" which I've identified as Douglas Battery Manufacturing
Company <http://www.douglasbattery.com>.  I'm waiting 9but not holding my
breath) for a reply from their customer service department.

Any suggestions on what to do other than give up?
Ted Stevens     trstevens@earthlink.net
'74 TR6 (mallard)
Gaithersburg, MD