RE: Trunnion oiler (was: Head gasket - TR4)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Trunnion oiler (was: Head gasket - TR4)
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 11:17:39 -0700
> If you are not buying from Harbor Freight, that's like not having zit on
> the end of your nose.  They sell junk.

They do sell some junk.  OTOH, there are at least a few useful items that
they also sell.

As I said, I'm a longtime customer.  I've been quite happy with everything
I've gotten from them, it's all been worth the price I paid (which is more
than I can say for _any_ LBC vendor !).

My Dad used to say "There's a certain price you have to pay for hay.  Of
course, it's somewhat cheaper after it's been through the horse"!  That's
very true, but it's still useful after it's been through the horse ...

IOW, when I pay HF $5 for a DVM, I don't expect it to perform like a $100
Fluke.  OTOH, for a cheap meter I can throw in the trunk and not care if it
gets smashed or wet ... it performs a full $5 worth !

The 4" angle grinder I got from HF is a piece of crap, makes horrible noises
and vibrates like mad.  But it keeps right on working ... and in the
meantime I can spend the $100+ I saved over a 'good' angle grinder on more
parts for my LBCs ...

$.50 jeweler's loupe.  Not a B&L by any stretch, but again very useful and I
can buy a dozen of them (for less than the price of the case for the good
one) and leave them laying in all the places I'm likely to need them instead
of having to go find the good one ... guess which I use most often !

Randall