oil, brakes and speedo cable

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil, brakes and speedo cable
From: "JOE MAHER" <jmaher0343@bresnan.net>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 07:49:12 -0600
I have three questions I hope I can get help with:
1)  When you go from regular oil to synthetic, do you have to do anything
other than drain the oil and change the filter?
2)  On page 56 of my newest Moss catalog they have A, B & C front brake
calipers.  According to their note, Caliper A went up to TS56376 (wire) and TS
56383 (disk).  I have caliper A, but my car is TS 57347.  It looks like I
should have caliper B.  Is it possible that mine got a left over caliper?
 Would caliper B just bolt on?  If so, where could I find the "B" calipers?
3)  I replaced my tach cable 2 weeks ago.  My speedo cable just started
squeaking, so I ordered a new one which should be here today.  Will I have to
take my gearbox cover off to put it on?  Should I put any oil in the cable for
lubrication?

Ok, that is more than 3 questions, but I did limit it to three subjects.
thanks,
Joe
59 TR3, too windy to be driven today