Sticky Brake Shoes

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sticky Brake Shoes
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 13:28:59 -0400
Last night I had the wonderful experience of driving my TR-4 through steady
rain for over two and a half hours.

It amazes me that everything in that tired old car can continue to operate
after driving through that much water.
The old mule did me proud though.

This morning when I went to back out of the garage (thank god I have a
garage) to go to work.
The car wouldn't move. It was like someone had put a wheel chock behind (and
in front of) one of the tires.

Subsequent investigation revealed that the right rear brake had held on even
after disengaging the hand brake.

I rocked the tire back and forth until it broke loose with a nice
SPOOIIINGGG.

Drove off to work as usual - no problems.  (knock on wood dash -- if I had
it)

So . . . Any ideas what I should investigate that might cause such behavior?

TIA

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 Everyday