Re: TR8 boiling over

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR8 boiling over
From: Paradise Music <paradise.71@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 17:56:13 GMT
John, how long since you've had your radiator rodded out?
Bryan

-- "John Fleming" <joflemin@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:
I'm having some trouble with overheating with my 80 TR8.  Only happens when
it idles, not when driving.  I replaced the thermostat and tried it again.
Same thing, after about 15 minutes it boils over.  I did notice that the fan
came on so I guess that's not the problem.  All the belts seem tight and
hoses seem secure.  It runs smoothly and no white smoke in the exhaust so I
don't think it's a head gasket.
Anybody with a too-hot TR8 have any ideas?
Thanks,
John