TR6 Front Stub Axle don't fit

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Front Stub Axle don't fit
From: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 23:27:03 -0400
I bought 2 new front stub axles for my TR6. After installing them and
assembling the front suspension, and installing new wheel bearings, I found
the bearings wouldn't fit over one of the axles. I called Moss and they sent
me another axle which I received today. Bummer. This one doesn't fit the
bearings either. I thought I might have been doing something wrong or there
was a problem with the bearings. But the other wheel's bearings won't fit
over this axle and neither will the old bearings.

I have another call into Moss and the rep was going to check their stock and
see if their bearings fit their axle. Haven't heard back yet. I measure the
diameter of the new axle where the inner bearing fits at 1.004-1.006. Seems
like an odd size, but I don't know.

Anyway, I thought I'd check with the list and see if there's any possibility
I'd goofed up somehow. I'm bummed out I may have to pay for more shipping
and wait another week for another part. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Hugh Fader
72 TR6