RE: Replacement glass for tr3 guage

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Replacement glass for tr3 guage
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 07:52:52 -0700
> Moss USA also has them listed.  However, if I'm not mistaken, the ammeter
> lens is not that easy to remove.  ISTR that the other gauges have chrome
> trim rings that unscrew fairly quickly but the ammeter lens is held on by
> the entire body of the gauge.  I was hesitant to pull mine apart
> for fear of
> damaging the internals.  Anyone else have any guidance?

The ammeter is indeed different (it's a Lucas rather than a Smiths), but
it's not hard to get apart.  There are 4 tabs at the rear that hold the
outer chrome shell (including the 'trim ring' which is actually integral to
the shell), gently bend those tabs up and slide the shell straight off the
body of the gauge.  Little chance of damaging the internals, the main danger
is the tabs may break instead of bending.

Remind me next time we get together & I'll bring one to show you.

Randall