water pump blues

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: water pump blues
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 07:44:46 -0400
I wish you folks hadn't spent so much effort talking about water
pumps lately.  My GT6 seems to have developed 2nd-year-med-student
syndrome, which is to say, if you study a disease enough you start to
notice the symptoms in yourself.  The engine got a little hot
yesterday, and subsequent evaluation later when it cooled revealed a
distinct insufficiency of coolant.  Further examination after a re-
filling showed the water pump dribbling once pressure had been
restored.  (Engineering to Bridge, coolant leak on C deck!)  Oh well,
at least they are available and not terribly expensive.  One can only
hope that they actually work and don't leak.

No help requested here per se, unless there is something non-obvious
I should know.  It seems readily accessible so it shouldn't be a
complex task.  In the meantime, the GT6 is at rest and will remain
there.  Bummer.

On an unrelated note, I installed a newly reworked driveshaft last
week.  Yow, is was much smoother at speed.  Of course, now I can't
drive it at all.  Again, I say, bummer.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com