Fwd: RE: TR3a sputtering then die

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: RE: TR3a sputtering then die
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 05:44:14 -0400
I concur with Randall.  I had a similar problem with my TR3....would run
for a while, then die..no fuel in the carb bowls.

Turned out someone had dropped a golf ball in the tank and all that miles
of rubber strands were in the tank.  I had to remove the tank and clean it
out and then still had the problem.  I also had to blow out (from front to
back) the lines.  Seems like the rubber strands had made their way into the
fuel lines.  You just never know!

Doug