TR3 body number

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 body number
From: Nancy and Bob Wise <wises@new.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 22:27:24 -0500
I purchased my 1960 TR3 18 years ago.  At the time of purchase it did
not have a body number plate (brass, on firewall above battery box)
and, now that I think about it, no obvious indication that one had
been removed.  Recently I got my BH build certificate and although it
had a commission number and engine number, the BH people could not
provide a body number.

Is it possible my car never had a body number plate?

Am I doomed to perpetual body-number-plateness?

Bob