TR3a - holy smokes :-)

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3a - holy smokes :-)
From: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 14:09:05 -0400
Afternoon to all,

Took the '3 out for a Sunday drive to see if any of the small tweaks I have
made make a difference.  On the return, as I was pulling into the driveway,
I hear a "tink tink" sound from the front.  I stop the engine and open the
hood, one blade of the fan is 80% gone and the next one is almost all the
way off and bent at 90deg.  While driving I didn't hear anything and I am
thanking my very lucky starts it didn't come off in the up swing and bounce
around inside the engine bay.

I am going for a stiff drink and now need to find a replacement fan blade.
Anyone got one they are willing to part with?

Thanks

David Templeton

'59 Triumph TR3a - fanless

'74 Triumph Spitfire - gearbox needs to be pulled still