TR3a - holy smokes :-)

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: TR3a - holy smokes :-)
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 08:00:59 -0400
Cc: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net> i4AC4jDE018330
Message text written by "David Templeton"
>Took the '3 out for a Sunday drive to see if any of the small tweaks I
have
made make a difference.  On the return, as I was pulling into the driveway,
I hear a "tink tink" sound from the front.  I stop the engine and open the
hood, one blade of the fan is 80% gone and the next one is almost all the
way off and bent at 90deg.  While driving I didn't hear anything and I am
thanking my very lucky starts it didn't come off in the up swing and bounce
around inside the engine bay.
<

A friend of mine in college had a 63 Austin Healey that threw a fan blade
that hit the underside of the hood. It left a dent in the hood and a stain
in his shorts.  It came off when he was approaching red line during an
impromptu drag race and he though he threw a rod.

Dave