Re: TR8 boiling over & Hot TR3B

To: gecoughenour@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR8 boiling over & Hot TR3B
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:29:14 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/2004 8:59:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gecoughenour@comcast.net writes:

> These coolants are not that great in all cat iron, steel and brass engine &
> cooling systems like the TR2-6.  Their drawback is that the silicate can
> polymerize and clog the radiator tubes with gel.
>
> Glenn C

Glen,
You know my TR8 is all right now but my TR3B has always ran hot no matter
what remedy I have tried (even a re-cored radiator with more capacity) except
for
one thing: running straight water and no antifreeze at all.  I wonder if the
"Prestone Gel Effect" that you have mentioned plays a roll?  In fact I have
noticed that all my other regular TR's like straight water best for running
cool.  I still use a 50/50 mix in them except for the 3B where I go 25/75 so I
will have in theory some corrosion protection but I am tempted to change to all
water in the hot summer months.
 Darrell