RE: Selling Overseas?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Selling Overseas?
From: "george hahn" <ahwahnee18@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:21:44 -0700 FILETIME=[69F552D0:01C436CC]
>  The current high bidder is someone from Germany.

Some thoughts:

I sold a car on eBay -- at one point the high bidder was in Mexico and had
zero feedback (had requested all zero/negative contact me first).  I sent an
email asking him to call me and he did.  In the end he was the 'winner' and
the sale was successful.

I shipped a car I bought across a fair stretch of Pacific Ocean... wasn't as
expensive as shipping across the US would have been.  Haven't shipped to
Europe but this isn't out of the question for a motivated buyer.

Good caution about travelers cheques -- even cash isn't foolproof.  Wire
transfer is the method I prefer.

As for your comment "given the limited value of my car" perhaps you
underestimate how it will be valued by someone who wants a TR2... plus the
current exchange rate may make this look like a very good deal in DMs.

Good luck, though I am sorry to see it go... sorrier still if it leaves the
US.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4