Breaking in a rebuild engine

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Breaking in a rebuild engine
From: "William Scherer" <scherer_william@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:17:44 -0700 FILETIME=[C374B6B0:01C436F5]
Hi List
  I am back on the list!  Been off for a few months after moving halfway
across the country.
The engine is finally together after a complete rebuild.  What is the common
wisdom on breaking in a Triumph engine?  I have never had a new engine in my
life. Is there a recommended oil to be used, and how often it should be
changed? I have heard that the RPMs should be varied, but for how long
before it is considered broken in? Please give me a few suggestions.
  Bill in Minnesota
  54 TR2

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE