Hot TR3B & Stop Leak

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot TR3B & Stop Leak
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:14:47 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/2004 6:21:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

>  don't think the "Prestone Gel Effect" has anything to do with it ...
> ethylene glycol (the major ingredient in most antifreeze) is simply not as
> good a coolant as good old water

Yeah, I think I knew that.  You don't see any "Race Type Guys" using
antifreeze do you?  I have noticed a steady decline in the 3B's cooling
capacity since
the re-core so I was curious about this gel effect.  I tried Water Wetter one
time long ago and sprung some leaks like right now.  Seems like if you have
any tiny hole that stuff will find it so I was scared away. The 3B only goes
ballistic if I sit at idle and is OK if I keep air in the radiator.

Speaking of leaks that %%!!***###$$$ dang 3B is leaking from the neck joint
again.  This is the third time in the last decade for this car and I hate to
take the whole front of the car apart again to get at the radiator so I gave it
the old triple treatment of various Stop Leak products.  First the "Rat
Turds", then the "Copper Stuff" during a flush and finally the "Silver Flakes"
finish her off.  Even used "Gorilla Glue" on the joint with a fresh coat of
"Radiator Black".  Sounds pretty desperate huh?  It's just a small weeping leak
so
why not?  I have about a 100 miles on her this spring with no leaking.
However, as I was doing all of this the nagging question was, what is all this
stuff doing to the water passages in the block?

Cheers,
Darrell