Overseas Sales Commonplace?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overseas Sales Commonplace?
From: RobBlubaugh@netscape.net (Robert Blubaugh)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 00:14:45 -0400
Hello again listers......

Thanks to everyone who offered comments and observations on my earlier post
concerning "Selling Overseas."

The last two bids on my TR2 auction have been from Germany.  As my family is
planning to travel to the UK this summer I know all about the weakness of the
US dollar.  I know too that the EURO is very strong compared to the dollar.
Are we really sending large numbers of collector cars to Europe at this time??
Maybe my experience is not the norm.

I do have mixed feelings on selling the car anyway and I do rather wish it
would stay "state-side."  Oh, well, my mother held US citizenship much longer
that she did her UK citizenship.  I would think that my TR2 might be
"naturalized" after being on this side of the pond for 48 years.

Sprechen'z goot duetch??  (Does not sound, feel, or look right for this car!)
Shame on me for my ethnocentrism!

Respectfully yours,
Rob Blubaugh  (originally "Flubacher" very Suise - German)
Rensselaer, Indiana, USA

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.