blowing tonneaus

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: blowing tonneaus
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:12:59 -0700
Th other morning I decided to drive the TR3 to work.  Normally I
avoid the 6 lane speedway & take the frontage road when driving the
TR (I do not really like being out there with all those folks in the
Suburbans doing 80mph).  But the traffic was light so up on the Loop
101 went I.  I had the tonneau down but attached at the back & when I
got to about 70 it started billowing up & I had to hold it down with
my right arm.

The only thing I could think of was to keep it snapped all the way
down the last "lift-the-dot" connector right behind the door.  I had
disconnected all the "lift-the-dot" connectors & removed the piece
with the hole at the drop off point for the side opening& resnapped
that "lift-the-dot" connector.  I thought that is where all the air
was blowing in.

Any advice?

John
John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE