RE: Curslng the Prlnce of Darkness

To: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Curslng the Prlnce of Darkness
From: "Joe Lynn" <jlynn604@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 22:24:29 -0400
> Check the ammeter, jumper across the terminals in the back and if you get
> power restored to the rest of the car, you need a new ammeter.
> Just one possibility,
> Bob

Bob, when I read this email, I though "Bingo, that's it". My ammeter is a
bit flaky (very shaky), and I notice that it was flat on 0 for a few minutes
before the car died. (I did have the lights on). A couple of weeks ago I had
reversed the wires on the terminals because the car had been converted to
neg ground & it was obviously reading backwards. I was also changing the
dash panel bulbs to halogen & lost power to everything until I hit the horn.
Then it all came back after the horn sounded. I forgot about that until
today.

So, I tried pulling the two wires off & jumping them together, but that
didn't help. I was able to get the car started using the solenoid & the
ammeter seems to be working OK now.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Joe Lynn
59 TR3A