TR3 heater not spinning

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 heater not spinning
From: richard triplett <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 21:56:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hi! You might remember my recent posts regarding
transporting a TR3 from West Texas to Northern New
Mexico. Well, the 1962 (TS75434) made the trip with no
difficulties. I've been really enjoying driving
'greenie', as the car is called since she's BRG, up
here in the mountains. She doesn't have the same pep
at sea level as 7200 feet, but I'm hoping to do some
carb work to improve performance. Still a blast to
drive though.

First question: Heater is not running. I actually
managed to get under the dash and remove protective
grille from heater and it appears the shaft on motor
that spins fan has quite a bit of verticle play (1/8th
to 1/4 inch). When pushing up on shaft, it spins
great. Let go and gravity does it's job and pulls
shaft down and motor stops spinning. Is this a
repairable part or will I have to swap out motors?

Thanks!

Richard
TS75434 :borrowed:
TS42099 :in restoration: