Question - Tube Shock Conversion

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Question - Tube Shock Conversion
From: Jay Welch <jay_welch@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 17:20:09 GMT
Hello Lists,

I have a question concerning the tube shock conversion from BPNW.  I bought
this conversion kit over a year ago and am just getting to install them.  They
look pretty good, certainly easy....but, the bushings don't apear to be sized
correctly for the TR6.  The holes in the lower attach point are 3/4" (original
Triumph attach point).  The  The upper attach point holes in the new brackets
are 7/16".  The bushings are 7/8".  In my world, the holes should match the
bushing "stepped" area such that when installed the two bushings actually come
in contact with each other isolating the shock absorber from the frame/bracket
such that no part of the tube shock shaft comes in contact with either attach
point.

Has anyone else run into this?  I'll be calling BPNW tomorrow to see what their
opinion might be.

Scratching my head...
Jay Welch
Abington, MA