Question - Tube Shock Conversion

To: Jay Welch <jay_welch@juno.com>
Subject: Question - Tube Shock Conversion
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:13:31 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net i4HCUkvL014641
Message text written by Jay Welch
>I have a question concerning the tube shock conversion from BPNW.  I
bought this conversion kit over a year ago and am just getting to install
them.  They look pretty good, certainly easy....but, the bushings don't
apear to be sized correctly for the TR6.  The holes in the lower attach
point are 3/4" (original Triumph attach point).  The  The upper attach
point holes in the new brackets are 7/16".  The bushings are 7/8".  In my
world, the holes should match the bushing "stepped" area such that when
installed the two bushings actually come in contact with each other
isolating the shock absorber from the frame/bracket such that no part of
the tube shock shaft comes in contact with either attach point.

Has anyone else run into this?  I'll be calling BPNW tomorrow to see what
their opinion might be.
<

The set I installed had holes large enough to allow the bushings to isolate
the shaft as you stated.  I suspect these missed a step during fabrication.
 Easy enough to fix if you have a 3/4 inch drill, a 7/8 drill bit and a big
vice well secured to a heavy work bench.

Dave