installing Hayden fan: all the colors of the rainbow i4HD5rvL015953

To: "<"<triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: installing Hayden fan: all the colors of the rainbow i4HD5rvL015953
From: "Andrew Taylor" <ataylor@mail.hrca.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:00:51 -0400
My '62 TR4 tends to overheat when sitting in summer traffic, so in preparation
for a road trip, I'm installing a Hayden fan with the electric fan control.
Being both a mechanical and electrical idiot, the best I could do before
encountering an issue was to get the fan mounted in front of the radiator and
the temperature control inserted.
So I'm looking at this tangle of 7 different colored wires and the accompanying
instructions and realize that I might should take into account that the car is
positive ground, right? The instructions say that black goes to ground, brown
goes to the snap switch on the temp probe, one end of the yellow also goes to
the switch but the other has to go to "any 12 volt key activated circuit..(that
is) a full and constant 12 volt source," the green can be used as a manual
override, the red goes to the positive terminal of the battery, the orange goes
to the positive fan motor wire, and the blue is "used only for dual fan
installation." I figure black still goes to ground and brown and one end of the
yellow to the switch. Where should I put the other end of the yellow - to the
coil? I don't want manual override and don't have dual fans, so do I just cut
the green and blue wires? Do red and orange still go to the positive battery
terminal and positive fan motor wire? Does positive ground change any of this?
As always, any and all help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
TIA
Andy Taylor

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents,
files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain
confidential information including Protected Health Information (PHI)
that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or
designee, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of any and all attachments to this transmission is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender. Please destroy the original
transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any
manner. Thank you. Hebrew Rehabilitation Center for Aged and its
affiliates.