TR6 head rebuild

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 head rebuild
From: "Carl Huppert" <chuppert@henwoodenergy.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 10:44:00 -0700
All - Can anyone give me the brief list of "bewares" when having a TR6
head rebuilt.  I had it redone a few years back and almost immediately,
I was smoking, puffing oil smoke on startup.  And now my compression is
down to 90 psi across the board (was 140 at rebuild).  I suspect heavy
leakage through the valve guides. Anyway, the short list would be
appreciated or naming a reputable shop in Nor Cal (Sacramento).

Carl