TR3 Tie Rod Ends - replacement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Tie Rod Ends - replacement
From: jim wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:48:39 -0400
"Peter Ryner" wrote:

Adrian,
Go for it.  It is not a difficult job.  The toughest part is getting the tie
rod ends separated.  You'll need a tie rod tool.  There are several types.
I've found most anything works on LBCs.  Do not attempt to use a hammer on
the tie rod itself.  Bends parts, causes frustration and doesn't work.
Pete
OK I'll bite - I disagree Pete; in the last year I would estimate I have
separated 30 tie rod ends, every time using two hammers, with 100% success.
Haven't wrecked any (yet) so I contend that it is the best method going, even
if it does give you a workout sometimes.
Jim Wallace
TS81417L
Wait a minute sory, maybe you mean don't use one hammer to try to knock the pin
out of the eye, in which case, I agree with you.