RE: TR3 Tie Rod Ends - replacement

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Tie Rod Ends - replacement
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 07:31:00 -0700
> While I'm at it, I could also remove the idler bracket and
> attempt to clean it out - at the moment I cannot get grease into
> it.  (The grease nipple is not blocked).
> I'm actually thinking of removing the front apron/radiator again
> as this provided a most excellent view of things.
> So - do you think I should go for it or take it to a LBC repair shop?

Adrian, the work is reasonably straightforward if sometimes frustrating ...
I'd say go for it.  Investigating the idler arm is a very good idea, but
don't be surprised if it needs replacement too.  Might consider doing the
silentblocs too, since you're in the area and they are most likely in poor
shape.

IMO it's not worth the hassle of removing the apron, but suit yourself.

Let the thread on how to remove tapered steering joints begin !

Randall