ZS Rebuild kit review.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ZS Rebuild kit review.
From: "Steve B." <StevesTR@veroquest.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:42:18 -0700
Thought I'd put in a plug for the ZS carb master rebuild kit for the TR6
that Moss offers (365-970). It has new throttle shafts in it along with
the seals. It's about $100 but worth it in my case. Before the rebuild I
couldn't get my TR6 to idle below 1200 RPM and there was no reliable
power below about 2200 RPM. Now after the rebuild, I have a nice smooth
idle of roughly 700 RPM and it pulls smoothly down at about 1500RPM, if
my tach is to be believed that is. It is easier on my clutch when taking
off from a stoplight since the engine does not have to be revved so high
to get going now.  I did this rebuild about two months ago and I am
still amazed each time I drive it. It's like I got better car from
somewhere.

Anyway this is just a personal experience in case you happen to be
someone with these frustrations. I'm not connected with Moss at all.

-Steve