RE: Heater Control Valve

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Heater Control Valve
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:47:12 -0700
> I need to change out the heater control valve and my question is ........
>
> Do I need to drain the coolant out of the system?

Not really, since when you remove the valve, the coolant will automagically
drain to just the required level.

Unless of course this is a Stag with the heater control valve inside the car
(in which case you should catch the coolant as it runs out).

However some loss of coolant is inevitable, so you'll need to top up the
system afterwards (and probably again after the engine has been run and
cooled).

Randall