Re: Heater Control Valve

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater Control Valve
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:14:36 -0400
On 20 May 2004 at 8:34, Dave Massey wrote:

> Message text written by INTERNET:IkeLevine@aol.com
> >I need to change out the heater control valve
> What car? ...But since it is located
> very high on the system, draining is not necessary.  The same is
> probably true for the Spitfire/GT6 cars

The heater valve on Spitfire/GT6 is also high on the system.  In
fact, it is attached to the back end of the intake manifold with a
large nut over a fitting like a banjo flange (if I remember right).
However changing one at all would seem to be "not recommended".  It
has been written "Do not attempt to remove the valve from the end of
the manifold."  I guess the problem is one of putting that flange
back together.  Perhaps the valve itself can be unscrewed from the
flange.  Anyway, I have in my possession a dead intake manifold that
came with the car.  The DPO must have wanted to remove it at some
point, tried but couldn't, and ended up unbending the dozen or so
tabs that hold the valve together and removing the top half of the
valve.  Of course, this rendered it broken...

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com