Re: TR6 Fuel tank gasket

To: StevesTR@veroquest.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Fuel tank gasket
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 16:25:03 EDT
Steve,

I just checked on my tank which is out of the car while it's being repainted.
 I think you MIGHT be able to gain enough leverage by removing the bolts
holding the tank, removing the filler cap and then tilting the tank to the rear
so
that you can pull the sending unit.  Since the rod holding the float on
theunit goes through the gasket you need to pull the unit (I don't think cork
would
give you enough play to stretch over the sending unit top.  Others may have
tried this successfully.

Micky Long