TR4 boot lid hinge (repair, replacement?)

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 boot lid hinge (repair, replacement?)
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 07:38:34 -0600
A while ago the hinge pin in my right-side boot lid hinge fell out and
lost itself. I hunted around my better local hardware store but didn't
find a match, or actually anything close. Any suggestions for where to
look for a new pin? It's a little splined thing about a 1/4" in diameter
and almost an inch long.

Barring that, I'd be happy to replace the hinge with someone's
inexpensive worn cast-off hinge. I'd hate to replace mine with new
chrome from Moss and make the rest of the car look scrappier in
comparison. Next thing I'd be doing a frame-off restoration so the new
chrome didn't look out of place. :) If you have a boot lid hinge that
needs a new home, please let me know. Thanks.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO