Disc Wheels

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Disc Wheels
From: "Michael Andrews" <mandrews53@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 22:47:02 -0700
Cc: "doug" <dct49@charter.net>
Hi Randall ,
 I just got back from the So Cal TT ( check out socaltt.com in a couple of
weeks for this years fun) .  600 miles through the mountains -from Dodger
Stadium to Yucca Valley and back. There is some hard diving from sea level
to 8000 feet and lots of twisty hair pin turns.  Some where along the trip
I cracked the front wheel and only discovered it after it had split half
way around the rim.The crack was under the hub cap on the raised ring
outside of the lug nuts. The question now is how do I test the rest of the
wheels to avoid getting too far out of town before breaking another wheel?
There was a funny whirring noise from the right front wheel in hard right
hand turns. Thanks for any info, Mike Andrews TR2inLA