Uprated springs TR250

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Uprated springs TR250
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:48:56 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net> i4PLpAgt030929
Message text written by Don Malling
>The company I bought them from said the uprated springs should be
shorter than the stock because they are stronger -- which makes sense.
They then suggested that my stock rear springs should be taller than
they are, and taller than the uprated springs. They suggested that my
rear springs have sagged but the fronts have not.
<

I installed a set of uprated springs at the rear (I haven't done the fronts
yet) of my TR6 and I found the rear sits significantly higher to the point
that I now have a slight negative camber.  I measured the ride height but I
forget what it was and I don't know if it is higher than spec or not.  I'd
take that with a grain of salt anyway since my car is anything but
straight.

But I've been told by many people that the TR6 springs are prone to
sagging.  In fact the old springs I have removed from a couple of cars are
no longer straight (that is the top and bottom surfaces are no longer
parallel) suggesting that they have taken a set.

Does the Bentley mention free lenght of the spring?

Dave