VTR 2004 Update - New Hotel Options

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR 2004 Update - New Hotel Options
From: Gel1500@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:40:01 EDT
2004 VTR National Convention Update
July 14 through 17, 2004
Richmond, Virginia
Check out the website at www.vtr2004.com

This is the latest in a series of updates highlighting the 2004
Vintage Triumph Register National Convention, Wednesday, July 14
through Saturday, July 17, 2004, at the Richmond Sheraton West Hotel
in Richmond, Virginia.

Hotel Update: Due to the demand for reservations at the Sheraton
Richmond West Hotel, we've added additional blocks of rooms at the
nearby Holiday Inn ($77 per night plus tax) and Embassy Suites (King
$109/night; Two Doubles $129/night, plus tax.). Reservation
information for the Sheraton, Holiday Inn and Embassy Suites is posted
at www.vtr2004.com.

Early Registration By June 1: Convention registrations postmarked by
Tuesday, June 1 get a $10 discount and a free VTR 2004 cap! Haven't
made up your mind?  Register on-line or by mail right up to the
opening of the convention. We'll even accept walk-up registrations
at the convention up to 6 p.m. Friday, July 16.

Get Ready For The Auction: We've hired professional auctioneer Barry
Cole for this year's VTR convention auction. Mr. Cole has extensive
automotive auction experience, and we hope the auction will be one of
the highlights of this year's convention.  Start getting your
auction items together today!

Optional Tour Update: As an "add-on" for the ladies (and any
interested gentlemen), we have arranged a special visit to Agecroft
Hall on Friday, July 16th.
 Agecroft Hall is a beautiful English Tudor Estate which was
originally built in Lancashire, England in the late 15th Century. In
1925 it was dismantled and reassembled here in Richmond.  Join us for
a guided tour of the great rooms of Agecroft Hall, followed by a walk
through the gardens to the terrace of Virginia House for Afternoon
Tea.  Conclude your visit with a tour of the great rooms of Virginia
House.  The Tea and Tour is available for $25.  Reservations may be
made at the VTR 2004 Registration Desk upon your arrival.

Spirit of Triumph Award: The Vintage Triumph Register 2004 Convention
Committee is honored to announce that Richard Sharp of Rimmer Brothers
has established a one-time award to be presented at this year's
convention. The award will be presented to the individual that
Mr. Sharp believes to best represent the spirit of Triumph
ownership. This award is intended to recognize long-term devotion to
the marque and will be determined by length of membership in VTR,
convention attendance, and the daily use of a Triumph. Other criteria
include a high degree of visibility on the local, regional, and
national levels including offices held, technical expertise and the
willingness to share that with others, thoughtfully executed upgrades
to his/her automobile, and the giving of oneself to help other TR
owners. If any VTR Chapters or Zones have a member(s) who they believe
should be considered, they are encouraged to forward those
nominations, along with supporting testimony by e-mail to
info@vtr2004.com, or by mail to VTR 2004, PO Box 3876, Richmond, VA
23235. The members of the VTR 2004 Convention Committee will consider
all of the nominees and select a list of finalists. The finalists will
be interviewed at the 2004 convention by Mr.  Sharp, and the person he
selects as most deserving will be announced at the Awards
Banquet. Attendance is a prerequisite to consideration, and all
nominations must be received no later than July 1, 2004.

Check www.vtr2004.com for regular updates. For more information, contact the
Richmond Triumph Register at 804-746-9409 (voice or fax) or e-mail us at
info@vtr2004.com.

Expect more in 2004!
See you in Richmond!