OD connections - TR4A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> i4Q06fgs003496
Subject: OD connections - TR4A
From: "January Williams" <january@chemeketa.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:06:34 -0700
Does correct routing of the speedo cable cross over in the engine
compartment and then go down the right side? I think it is the original
cable; it is long enough, but now it goes down along the clutch line on
the left side and back to the non-OD trans that's been in place for some
years.
I've got the old original OD/Trans rebuilt - I replaced the dual spring
large accumulator with the later variation to reduce the engagement
stress on the IRS.

I also have a older fiberglas trans tunnel - I think I will put a hole
and a grommet for the wiring harness to come up thru a couple inches
back from the front edge, rather than snake it by the attachment flange,
which looks like it might pinch and stress it, especially with vibration
over time.

While my 4A is (weren't all of them) negative ground, the old OD harness
was connected up to the 'wrong' side of the ammeter, (N from OD relay
connected to NW side, not the N side) that is, wrong side from shown in
the TR4 / A diagram in Haynes which is clearly for positive
ground/earth.  I suppose there isn't much of a voltage drop across it
though, eh? Seems the column switch is up for "on".

cheers
January
66 TR4A CTC74217 LO