Early TR Oil Breather Cap

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Early TR Oil Breather Cap
From: JClax5817@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 21:38:02 EDT
Dear Triumph Friends,
I have only now discovered that my TR3 engine restoration project uses an
early style oil breather cap.

There is an oil breather cap commonly available for the TR3, identified by
the 3 finger indentations, but the style changed to this around S/N 18XXX. This
cap will not fit the earlier TR3 valve covers, such as mine (S/N 12916).

The cap I need is probably the same one as for the TR2.

I am told that the Triumph part no. is 106386.

Does anyone know a supplier of this part, new or used? I've already checked
with the major U.S. Triumph part suppliers, with no luck.

Thanks,
Jack Claxton