RE: TR6 fan on TR2/3 motor

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 fan on TR2/3 motor
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:55:14 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Angelo,
Forgive me if someone more knowledgeable has already responded to your question
- I'm on the daily digest mode.

The reason it is suggested to put the yellow fan on backwards is because
putting it on the normal way would not provide any room between it and the
radiator.
Putting it on backwards means, as you have noticed, that it will not be
scooping the air.  So it is less efficient.
Also, in case you do not know already, in order to install the fan, the
radiator (hence front apron) must come off.

The good news is that installing the yellow fan, having the radiator cleaned
out and widening the grill openings (as per Randall's suggestion) has solved my
overheating problems.

Good luck,  Adrian TS 58324