Re: TR3A Carburator question

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Carburator question
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:04:03 -0700
Randall Young wrote:

>>And what is the best remedy if there is fuel in there?
>>

>Replace the float.
>
>It's possible to repair them, but I don't recommend it.

What doesn't work...

I first put the float in near boiling water to find the leak (air
bubbles coming out).  I then took the flaot out of the water and
positioned it with that spot pointing down and warmed the float with a
heat gun thinking that would force the fuel out thru the hole.
Unfortunately the heat gun was too much for the solder holding the
halves of the float together.

In the end I was able to re-solder the halves back together but it
doesn't really look like anyting Birmingham ever produced.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ