engine plate?

To: "tri" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine plate?
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 00:10:01 -0400
Hi,
I have been told that to enable my TR3A car to use the engine from a TR4
(that's a swap from a '60 to a '66) that I would need to use the engine's
front plate from the TR3A to make it fit my car's frame.  However, I have also
noticed the '66's front plate has slightly smaller openings for both the
crankshaft and camshaft insertion.  Is this gonna make a difference?

Also, in making this conversion what other adjustments will I need to make?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A car and engine, and a TR4 engine