TR4 Door Slamming

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Door Slamming
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:50:22 -0400
For a LONG LONG time I've had to slam the heck out of the driver's door on
my TR4 to get it to close snuggly.
(note .. I'm not claiming all the door gaps are nice . . I don't really care
about that on this car)

But If I just close it .. it will sorta latch .. it won't fling open, but
the door is still loose and can rattle back and forth.

If I give it a good shove, it would close a little more and latch the rest
of the way nice and snug.

It has recently gotten worse . . . and I guess I need to do something about
it.
At VTR it was getting  a little embarrassing to slam the bejesus out of it
three or four times to get it to close.

I took a 5 second look at the bits and rotated the little sprocket in the
ratchet assembly on the door 180 degrees and it seemed to make it better for
a while but now its worse than ever.

Yesterday Bridget and I went to an autocross where we each did 6 runs. .
.(too much fun. . another story)

We were in and out of the car dozens of times and the door is just driving
me crazy.

So anyway . . too late to make a long story short .. but I've gotta do
something about it and would love any Been there Done that Advice.

Thanks in advance for any help

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 -- trying to teach riceboys lessons -  everyday