Re: TR4 Door Slamming

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Door Slamming
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:57:47 EDT
Cc: dmallin@attglobal.net, stilton@protoprod.com
In a message dated 8/2/2004 2:53:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, the digest
indicates that the following was written:

> For a LONG LONG time I've had to slam the heck out of the driver's door on
> my TR4 to get it to close snuggly.
> ... but now its worse than ever.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 10:03:27 -0400
> From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: TR4 Door Slamming
>
> I have the same questions ....

Greetings:

I had the same problem on my TR4 -- driver's side in particular, the
passenger side was much better.  I resolved it by removing both the TR4-style
door
weather seal and the separate trim beading that finishes off the door jamb
opening.  These two separate parts were replaced by the TR6-style combination
door
seal and finisher.

The TR6-style seal/finisher installs where the TR4 finisher went and it seems
to seal against weather and drafts just as well as the original two-part
solution.  It also seems to be just a bit slimmer with respect to the total
"squish" required to close the door against the seal.  Now both doors close
with a
very reasonable effort.

The TR6-style seal-finisher is sold by TRF (and probably the others) and
appears to be fully backwards compatible with the TR4's door sealing needs.

Bob Sharp
Michigan
64-ish TR4