TR250 Propeller shaft spline

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: TR250 Propeller shaft spline
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 21:57:14 +0100
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
At this point, because of the gasoline cleaning I assume I should remove
the yoke and clean it up and regrease it. I don't see a source for the
replacement fiber or leather washer if that's what's in there. Anything
I should know before I take it apart? Any known sources for this
fiber/leather washer?

Don, you could do worse and make your own? A shop near me makes horse
saddles and I periodically call in for leather off-cuts. Its available in
various thicknesses and tanning standards. As for making the washer itself,
I delve in my 'tat' box for a short piece of copper tubing of the actual or
approx diameter, sharpen the edge of one end with a file and then use it as
a punch. Made a good many leather washers this way down the years and never
had one fail me yet. Sure as hell beats eventually finding one of the right
size in a shop and having to buy ten when you only want one.

Jonmac

---