Re: Compression Test Results

To: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Subject: Re: Compression Test Results
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:22:06 -0700
Cc: tr list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Aug 10, 2004, at 7:57 PM, MotoPsyche@aol.com wrote:

> Finally got around to checking compression on the TR3A.  Here's how it
>  fared:
> #1 - 130
> #2 - 120
> #3 - 130
> #4 -  125
>
> Love to know how this compares with other TRs.  High?  Low?   Average?
>  Any
> concerns with the 10 psi difference?  I have 87mm  pistons and liners.

A few years ago I measured my TR4A and got:

cyl     dry     wet
1       190     190
2       190     190
3       170     170
4       180     190

I believe your 10 PSI difference is OK, the rule is 10%, I think.
Unless we were using the same compression gauge (or calibrated gauges),
I don't think one should read too much in comparative readings.

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L

Check out the new British Cars Forum: