Tonneau snaps for TR4A door

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tonneau snaps for TR4A door
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:31:05 -0700
Fellow enthusiasts,

I've got a TR4A that has been repainted.  The body man took off the
door-mounted tonneau snaps prior to refinishing; we would like to replace
them.  There are two methods of male snap fixing:  by screw and by rivet.
Which is appropriate for the TR4A door?  Seems like it would be tough to use
the rivet type there? I looked in Piggot's book but there was not a definitive
photo.  Likewise, perusal of the Moss and VB catalogs did not result in clear
answer.  Perhaps someone with a TR4-6 can take a peek and let me know how it's
done?

TIA,

Chris

Check out the new British Cars Forum: