Re: after changing bearings and such (TR3A)

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: after changing bearings and such (TR3A)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:58:07 EDT
In a message dated 08/24/2004 8:45:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

> >>External oil feed to rockers
> >>where this is located. What should I be looking for.
>
> Moss et al sell a kit ... it's basically a braided line that runs from a
> bolt on the side of the main oil gallery (just in front of the fuel pump) up
> to a bolt on the back of the head.  Puts a lot more oil into the rocker
> shaft, which leaves less for the bearings.
> Randall,

I thought you might be referring to this mod. No mine doesn't have it.
Basically stock engine, some parts maybe really stock. I think looking into the
camshaft bearings might be the winter "maintenance interval". There hasn't been
winter the the nose hasn't been pulled off anyway. Another 100 miles today,
same pressure.

Best Regards,
Ed (58 tr3a)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: