Re: after changing bearings and such (TR3A)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: after changing bearings and such (TR3A)
From: "Steve Ball" <banjo1@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:07:34 -0700

At 07:32 PM 8/23/2004, Popnglo@aol.com wrote:
>Changed mains, con rod, thrust washers. . 001-.002 clearance on the
bearings
>(by plastigage), .004 on the end play, all standard.
>County con rod, AE mains. Oil pump. All from MOSS.
>Valvolene W20-50.

This is a longshot, but worth mentioning....
I was once doing some work on my instrument panel and I forgot to re-connect
the oil line to the oil pressure gauge.  When I started the engine I
obviously had the all-time great oil flood...luckily the carpet was old.
However, after that episode my oil pressure readings were about 10 - 15 lbs
higher than before and they didn't jump around nearly as much.  Any chance
you need to bleed some sludge out of your oil gauge line?

Steve Ball
Lompoc, Ca
'60 TR3A
TS68164L