Re: Chassis Painting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chassis Painting
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:38:46 -0400
At 10:06 8/9/2004, Guy D. Huggins wrote:
>>Greetings All,
>>
>>Does anyone have any experience in using POR-15 to paint their chassis
>>and/or
>>other parts?  I am researching coatings for my chassis after I have it
>>cleaned.

Guy,

I had my 63 TR4 frame commercially sandblasted, then I brushed gloss black
POR-15 on it.  Looks like a million dollars, and the paint is pretty-much
bullet proof.  I accidentally dropped a hammer from about 3 feet onto the
frame and it just bounced off (to my **immense** relief!).  It took two
coats, which did take quite awhile to dry (humidity problem, me
thinks).  It's so slick that other paint won't stick to it.

hth

Jim

--
Jim