Re: 1976 TR6 Ignition switch Moss # 667-875

To: <rgreene@whoi.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1976 TR6 Ignition switch Moss # 667-875
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:29:01 -0600
Bob, if you are calling the ignition switch the thing with the wires, the only
thing that holds it on AFAIK is a tiny phillips screw on the side of the key
housing.  If you cant get access to the screw then try removing the ignition
key shroud first (held on with two small nuts), otherwise you will have to
remove the entire key assembly from the steering column.

John Lumia
1976 TR6

Bob wrote
    I am about to replace my ignition switch on my 1976 TR6. Moss part #
667-875. Is there anything I need to know? BTDT comments? What holds it to
the
back of the key switch? My original switch fell completely apart.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: