Re: Brake adjustors

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake adjustors
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 09:53:56 -0400
In a message dated 9/2/2004 9:02:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Dave Massey
<105671.471@compuserve.com> writes:

>Message text written by INTERNET:Harlyred1@aol.com
>>When rebuilding the brakes system, is it common to replace the adjuster
>assembly?
><
>
>Usually unnecessary as they can be cleaned up rather easily....

======

I'm with Dave on this. I've yet to replace one of these, and I've cleaned up
dozens and dozens over the years. Unless someone has rounded off the peg (in
which case you'll probably want to replace the adjustor), the worst effort
involves about a minute-and-a-half with a propane torch flame to loosen up a
really stuck adjustor....then proceed as Dave described.

--Andy Mace

Check out the new British Cars Forum: