Clutch problem

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch problem
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:35:48 +0200
It never rains...
My clutch has recently started working intermittently, in that it
doesn't always work when I press the pedal. It seems that the lever is
not puching the clutch far enough to release. If I go under the car I
can create the same effect by pushing the rod back into the slave
cylinder, i.e. towards the front of the car. The pedal then works after
2 or 3 pumps. If it is relevant, a friend with a TR5 thinks my clutch is
heavy.

My best guess is that the seal in the slave cylinder is knackered, but I
can't see why it would let the pushrod back far enough to give a
problem.

What does the list think?

Paul
TR6